Coronavirus Updates and Resources
Important Information for Businesses
Bound Brook Temporary Outdoor Dining Permit
Due to the continued restrictions regarding dining, the Borough of Bound Brook is temporarily permitting local restaurants and eating establishments to serve food and/or beverages in an outdoor space in a manner consistent with NJ’s Executive Order 150.
You can find the entire resolution and the outdoor dining permit application here: Temporary Outdoor Dining Permit
Somerset County "Open for Business" Map
Somerset County and the COVID-19 Economic Recovery Task Force have developed an online map that will help connect businesses to consumers regarding everything they need to know to find open stores, restaurants, medical providers, contractors, and any other company navigating the “new normal” of pandemic economics.
Any Somerset County business that is open at any level can enter their information on the “Open for Business” map by clicking here: business map and filling out the simple form. The from includes location, contact information, social media, logos and images, services provided, menus and delivery services, and more as applicable. As the state regulations about business operations change, or as a business adopts new services and opportunities, they can update their entry at any time.
NJEDA Phase 4 Small Business Emergency Assistance Grants
The New Jersey Economic Development Authority has announced Phase 4 of the Small Business Emergency Assistance Grant Program. This program will award up to $20,000 to small and medium size businesses. Similar to Phase 3, all businesses interested in applying must pre-register in order to be eligible for this program and to receive an application. Pre-registration for this grant round will remain open until 5pm on Thursday, April 29. Here is the link to the registration page: Home · Custom Portal (njeda.com).
For more information about Phase 4 click here: What is the status of the NJEDA Small Business Emergency Assistance Grant Program? (Phase 4)
Following pre-registration, applications will become available on a rolling basis. Pre-registered applicants will need to return to programs.njeda.com to complete an application based on the following schedule:
- Businesses that did not apply for, or were not approved for Phase 3 funding – 9:00 a.m. on May 3, 2021. Click here to check if your businesses was approved for a grant during phase 3
- Restaurants and child care providers – 9:00 a.m. on May 5, 2021
- Micro businesses (five or fewer FTEs) – 9:00 a.m. on May 10, 2021
- All other small businesses – 9:00 a.m. on May 12, 2021
SBA Targeted Economic Injury Disaster Loan Advance Program
COVID-19 Targeted EIDL Advance was signed into law on December 27, 2020, as part of the Economic Aid to Hard-Hit Small Businesses, Non-Profits, and Venues Act. The Targeted EIDL Advance provides businesses located in low-income communities with additional funds to ensure small business continuity, adaptation, and resiliency.
Advance funds of up to $10,000 will be available to applicants located in low-income communities who previously received an EIDL Advance for less than $10,000, or those who applied but received no funds due to lack of available program funding.
For more information click here: https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options/covid-19-economic-injury-disaster-loans#section-header-3
SBA Covid-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program
The SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) program is currently accepting applications from SBA is currently accepting new Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) applications from all qualified small businesses, including agricultural businesses, and private nonprofit organizations. View more information about the EIDL program here: https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options/covid-19-economic-injury-disaster-loans#section-header-3
Access the application here: https://covid19relief.sba.gov/#/
SBA Shuttered Venue Operators Grant
The Shuttered Venue Operators (SVO) Grant program was established by The Economic Aid to Hard-Hit Small Businesses, Nonprofits, and Venues Act, signed into law on December 27, 2020. The program includes $15 billion in grants to shuttered venues, to be administered by the Small Business Administration’s Office of Disaster Assistance.
Eligible applicants may qualify for SVO Grants equal to 45% of their gross earned revenue, with the maximum amount available for a single grant award of $10 million. $2 billion is reserved for eligible applications with up to 50 full-time employees.
For more information click here: https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options/shuttered-venue-operators-grant#section-header-2
SBA Paycheck Protection Program
The SBA’s Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) program has resumed accepting applications for 2021 for both first time applicants through the “First Draw PPP” and for applicants that have already received a PPP loan to receive more funds through the “Second Draw PPP.”
First Draw Paycheck Protection Program details and application: https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options/paycheck-protection-program/first-draw-ppp-loans
Second Draw Paycheck Protection Program details and application: https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options/paycheck-protection-program/second-draw-ppp-loans
SBA PPP Loan Forgiveness Program
The SBA’s PPP Loan Forgiveness Program is ongoing. A borrower can apply for forgiveness once all loan proceeds for which the borrower is requesting forgiveness have been used. Borrowers can apply for forgiveness any time up to the maturity date of the loan. If borrowers do not apply for forgiveness within 10 months after the last day of the covered period, then PPP loan payments are no longer deferred, and borrowers will begin making loan payments to their PPP lender.
For more information click here: https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans/coronavirus-relief-options/paycheck-protection-program/ppp-loan-forgiveness
Additional Information and Assistance for Businesses
- Add your business to NJ.com’s NJ is Open* business listing resource page
- Small Business Owner’s Guide to the CARES Act
- M&T Bank- The CARES Act and SBA Program details
- Small Business Administration Coronavirus Resources
- Bound Brook OEM Declaration of Disaster
- NJEDA Information for Businesses Impacted by Coronavirus
- Business Operations Guidance from Business.NJ.Gov
- How Rules on Closures and Social Distancing May Affect Your Business
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- Pending Legislation for Business Assistance Related to Coronavirus
- Environmental Protection Agency List of Disinfectants
- Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations
- Department of Labor Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for Coronavirus
- OSHA Resources for Workers and Employers on Coronavirus
- NJEDA Small Business Services
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Restaurant Worker’s Community Foundation
- Yelp Support for Local Businesses
- New Jersey Small Business Development Centers Network (NJSBDC)
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program
- Job Creators Network
- Kiva Loan Program
- Business.NJ.Gov: Information for NJ Businesses on the Coronavirus
- Legislation for Business Assistance related to Coronavirus
Additional Community Resources
- Handwashing Guide provided by Certified Nursing Assistant online website
- Bound Brook School District Resources and Updates
- Department of Education Resources for Schools and School Personnel
- Interim Guidance for Administrators of U.S. Childcare Programs and K-12 Schools
- Resources for Institutes of Higher Education
- Community Facilities- Cleaning and Disinfection
- Mass Gathering and Large Event Recommendations
- Interim Guidance for Faith-Based and Community Organizations
- Resources for Home
- Resources for First Responders and Law Enforcement Personnel
- Workplace, School and Home Guidance
- Somerset County Health Department
- White House and CDC Coronavirus Updates